1. I open a new tab and see a blank page instead of Fast Dial.
- Probably you're using a TabMixPlus or a similar addon. Set it to open "about:newtab" page in new tabs and Fast Dial would open.
2. There was a folders submenu under context menu "Add to Fast Dial". Where has it gone?
- Open Fast Dial preferences, look at the bottom, there's "Add to Fast Dial" option with values "Home", "Folders" and "None". Select "Folders" if you like to be asked for a folder when adding a new site through the context menu.
3. My Fast Dial data is lost. How to recover it?
- This might have happened if you're using a Nightly Firefox version. It's known to reset profile data (along with Fast Dial bookmarks) sometimes.
- You can try to restore bookmarks, by going to Firefox menu Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks. A Library window opens. Then use the menu Import and Backup there.
4. How to remove rounded corners on a thumbnail?
- Go to Fast Dial Preferences, choose Appearance tab, then choose Thumbnail tab.
- Set Round value to zero.
5. How to assign a logo to a dial?
- Go to http://www.userlogos.org/logos, type something into the Search textbox and click Search.
- Choose the logo you like and click on it to open.
- Once logo is displayed in full size, right-click on it and choose "Copy image location..." from the context menu.
- Go to Fast Dial page, right-click on a dial and choose "Properties" from the context menu. Properties dialog opens.
- Select "Advanced" tab and paste copied link into the Logo textbox. Click OK to close Properties dialog and save your changes.
6. What is Preview checkbox for?
- In Properties dialog on Advanced tab there's a Preview checkbox. Check it if you want to peek to a site the chosen thumbnail links to.
- Once you have done this, a Preview menu item appears in the dial's context menu. Choose the item to peek. Click when you're done.
7. How to synchronize Fast Dial data?
- Unfortunately, there's no synchronizer to synchronize Fast Dial data. Fast Dial keeps its data (thumbnail order, logo, etc.) as custom annotations to bookmarks, however currently synchronizers just ignore it. So if you arranged to synchronize your bookmarks, you'll have to copy-paste logo URLs manually.
8. How can I hide thumbnail titles completely?
- You might have noticed, that if you set thumbnail titles to hide in Fast Dial, titles still occupy some space on the screen, though being invisible.
- You can solve this problem using Stylish addon. Install the addon from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/stylish/.
- Go to the Styles tab.
- Click to create a new style.
- Set style name to be "Fast Dial: no titles".
- set content of the style to be:
- save the style and open Fast Dial page to test. You're done.
9. Can't find a solution in the FAQ. Something isn't working.
- Check browser console for errors. Open Firefox menu > Developer > Browser console. Then perform the action you were trying to do (for example, open Fast Dial page), and then go back to console to see what errors appear there. Report these errors here on forum, or write email to telega at gmail.com.
Using an older version of FD?
All FD Documentation pertaining to older versions are available in the Archive.